A few years ago the love of my life ended up with another woman because of an age gap, I felt I was too young and needed something way less serious and he was at the point where he was ready to settle down. Recently I started talking to him again and I'm falling in love with him all over. The problem is that he's married, but I have every reason to believe he feels the same. Do I continue talking to him and potentially end an unhappy marriage or stop and move on?
Thank you for sharing your situation. It’s important to be with someone who is completely available and who can devote all his energy and attention to you. You get to decide what you do in any relationship and you might find it helpful to ask yourself a few questions to clarify what you want to do, such as:
- What kind of relationship do I want?
- What have I done in the past that’s worked, what hasn’t and what would I do differently in the future?
- What do I know about my history with this person and their past behavior?
- What is the likely future effect of any behavior I choose today?
- What can I do to make sure I’m behaving in the most positive way possible?
Take some time to think carefully about questions like these. The idea is to behave in ways that help you live a positive life rather than finding yourself in a situation that may cause you grief.
Remember that you deserve to be in a relationship with someone who is able to commit to you and doesn’t come with extra baggage.