I need advice. I miss my ex-boyfriend so much. We broke up 6 months ago. When we broke up, he tried to get back together but I didn't reciprocate. We stopped talking since then, but 3 months ago I realized that I do love him so I told him, but he dumped me because he liked another person. I used to cry every night, now they are dating and he is so in love. I have a boyfriend too but I still miss and love me ex so much! We started talking again but just as friends. I miss him and want him back. What should I do?
Thank you for sharing your situation. It’s hard to go through a break up. You’ll decide what you do next but there are some questions you might ask yourself to clear things up:
- Who do I want to be with?
- Which person is best for me or leads me in a positive direction?
- Which person has the qualities that I admire and respect in a significant other?
- What do I want to see happen?
- What would I need to do to make it happen?
- What will I do so that I respect people and treat them kindly?
- What can I do to understand myself better?
It’s up to you to decide what you need in a relationship and how to behave in ways that lead in a positive direction. Take some time to think carefully about what you really want and then make sure you talk openly with people and respect everyone’s feelings.
You might also find it beneficial to take a break and not be in a relationship so you can figure out who you are as a person. Celebrate the wonderful things about you and discover who you really are. This will help you define what you want in a significant other. Remember that you deserve to know yourself well and be with people who appreciate your positive behaviors.